A house becomes a home when you can write 'I love you' on the furniture .
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
A house becomes a home when you can write 'I love you' on the furniture .
Friday, August 20, 2010
I suppose maybe this makes me "old " or boring...But regardless. I am so EXCITED!
As I titled my blog I thought,"well actually I do have plans for my nothing planned weekend!"
....hand hits forehead....
I plan on: doing whatever I want, cooking with my wonderful boyfriend, stopping at a PlayStation Move Party (partaking at my house), going for 2 fabulous long runs, hitting up a farmers market, rollerblading, and going to church. (all including the man I love..minus the long runs)..ooh and maybe nap a few times!
Yay for "nothing planned" and I hope everyone has a great weekend as well!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
However there is still no rhythm or reason for my blog, and actually I am going to start reviewing some running gear! So if anyone out there has a sporting good company and wants me to try an item or two leave a comment with your email and we will chat!
So if this is your first visit to This Random Life, please tune in for more! As the title, its completely random and you may just find a little giggle for your day!
This is so exciting! Thanks for visiting my blog and please leave a comment and I'll follow back!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
I am writing to you because yesterday I conquered you (for now.) You may have beaten me in the past, filling my tummy with yummy fat goodness such as pizza,donuts,bagels, etc. Not anymore fat, not anymore. I have lost 31.2 lbs of you. And only about 18 more left.
The most disgusting thing about you fat is that were you really worth it? Were you worth the miles and miles I have been running to get rid of you? No no you weren't. However, I am feeling stronger and more healthy every day, so the jokes on you!
To be continued 18 lbs from now...................
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Monday, August 9, 2010
I'm posting today because for any fellow runners out there or newbies wanting to start, I have found an amazing water belt to stay hydrated on those longer runs..(or short ones in 100 degree humid weather, depending on where you live!)
The item: Nathan Speedbelt 2.
The SpeedBelt 2 Carries up to 20 ounces of carbo-gel or replacement fluids. Ideal for long road or trail trips with water availability. Features include: Molded holsters for quick Flask access Two 10 oz. Nutrition Flasks Larger stash pocket for small essentials Airmesh moisture-wicking backing Limited-stretch elasticized waistbelt with soft perimeter binding Sizes: SM 26-32", MED 32-36" & LG 36-42"
I have been hesitant for awhile on buying on something like this. I thought it would effect my breathing and of course adding extra weight isn't something I thought would make my run any easier. However this is awesome! I put it at about my hip level. It did migrate up slightly below my belly button but it didn't bother me one bit. It moved to my strides and I didn't feel any effect on my breathing whatsoever. I also love that there are 2 water bottles to help keep you balanced and no side aches! I filled them both up about the same and alternated which bottle I drank from so I didn't get out balanced. I got ripped off at Scheels for $40 and at Trivillage.com they are only $27, although it was nice to try it on.
And it is pink, can't go wrong there! It matches great with my Bondi Band that I received from my roommate.(It's black and with pink lettering says, Will Run for Wine!) I have yet to try this due to the hot hot hot weather, however I think it will be great for fall!
Keep running if you are and start running if you aren't!
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
This isn't a sob story. It's not a hate letter to my "small town." It's about growing up and finding yourself. About why my "small town" made me into the person I am today, regardless of how much I hated it back then.