Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Packing: Unveiling of Obession

Yes I am moving again. I swore the last time I moved it was the last until I was married. So yet again, maybe, I hope, this will be my second to last stop.

It is a good situation, moving in with a friend, and it helps us both out. I can keep my cats, and as far as I can tell she won't be banging on my door at 6:30 in the morning because she most likely didn't take her meds or something. (Yes, that was a previous experience at the place I'm moving out of! ) ps..I would most likely laugh at you Emma if you did that!!

I hate packing. It is now when I really wish I had Mary Poppins powers and could snap my fingers and my ridiculously large amount of I don't know where I got half of these things would be packed and unpacked in no time.

So in my moving misery, sorting through random items, cleaning out my closets, I discovered something. I always knew I had a love for purses and shoes. When you aren't skinny you can't go wrong with these 2 things, they don't stretch fabric out across your thighs or make you look like you have a floating device around your stomach. But one of my closets literally was being devoured by these 2 things. The worst part: I haven't used any of them in months.

I think it is time to let go. The pretty red heels that I danced the night away with and the cute over the shoulder purse that traveled to Australia with me or the stoplight yellow heels that accompanied me on my 21st birthday. I just may have to say good-bye. My downtown days are less frequent and I don't for see any trips to Australia in the near future.

My tennis shoes and flip flops most describe my new grown up life..or my attempts at one anyways.

And as a matter of fact, I'm enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I am like the total opposite - I only have a handful of shoes & purses, and most are really old! Don't throw any shoes or purses away -- I will take your discards! Or we can have a garage sale! Wait what size shoes do you wear? Lol

    ReplyDelete