Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Life is Fragile

For me yesterday could have been worse. But for some it was probably one of the worst days of their lives.

I received an email yesterday morning a classmate and a childhood friend was killed in a car accident on Monday. Not only is that horrible, she was also pregnant. I am not sure of any of the details and I don't want to be incorrect in writing them. However, I had grown up with this person and she was so kind and always smiling. Her facebook profile picture shows exactly whom she was and she also had a quote on there that portrays exactly the person I knew her as. "I will enjoy more and endure less....."

I did find a link to the crash.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1576410.shtml?cat=1

_______________________________________________


Yesterday evening , my dad was taken by ambulance to ISJ in Mankato. My brother and his girlfriend were at home with him when he became shaky, pale, started mumbling, and throwing up. My brother called 911 at that time as well as my mom rushed home from work. He was stable and a cardiac workup ( to check to see if he was having a heart attack) was done and came back normal. They figured he maybe had some heat exhaustion. He is doing great and is at home.

For me yesterday I was so grateful and relieved that my dad was okay. For Kari's family as I said, it will most likely have been the worst day of their lives.

We get mad, we fight, we spend too much time on things that in the end do not matter.
I don't want to regret time lost, as well as having my loved ones regret time spent on those silly and mostly stupid in the end things.

Life is fragile and I thank God all that I have in my life. I am truly blessed.

I was taught a lesson and I too will try to enjoy more and endure less.

No comments:

Post a Comment