Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland in 3D! How lucky can we really get?

As a child I probably watched the old 1985 movie, Adventures of Alice in Wonderland at least 5 times a week. Who wouldn't want to fall through a rabbit hole into a Wonderland full of weird creatures such as The Cheshire Cat who can evaporate into thin air, or a talking caterpillar who smokes the hookah?! Of course my version was Adventures of Andrea in Wonderland, how nice of Lewis Carroll to use an A name. Perfect!

As an adult, Alice in Wonderland has a whole new meaning. Whose side are you on? The red queens? I would like to yell, "Off with their heads!" on a daily basis and have people jump at my beckon call. Or the white queens? The most fairest of them all, oh oops that's snow white..thanks disney. But the most beautiful women in all of Wonderland..( ps. Anne Hathaway played the white queen in Burton's version, although a very beautiful women, I wasn't fond of her deep red lips, white face and white hair...not the best look for you Anne...)(I'm sure she reads my blog..) But anyways, the most beautiful women in all of Wonderland whom is kind, caring, and don't forget has her prince. . .. .It gives you a sense of saddness for the red queen with her small body and abnormally large head.

I'm not quite sure I picked up on the jealousy and power struggle over Wonderland when I was young. My mind wandered to the thought of being Alice and of growing taller when I ate the cute little cake, or of shrinking when I drank the little vial of liquid..(which wasn't the smartest idea for little kids, I told my brother to drink perfume due to that. )or how about the big arm chair at the Mad Hatter Tea Party?! Or the Mad Hatter in general..

This movie is for the old or young, a great story from a great mind. And like Alice... "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

No comments:

Post a Comment